http-equiv='refresh'/> Tin TeePee/Log Cabin: Last Day

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Last Day

We are home and grateful to be home!  Both of us slept like logs last night—the trains must have taken a rest on Saturday night!  The quilt show didn’t open until 10am this morning so I had time to blog read and enjoy my coffee. 

We weren’t as busy serving food today as yesterday it seemed but the guild did take in a nice sum of money selling concessions.  The guild uses the money for charitable projects all year such as Quilts of Valor or quilts gifted to the police department and women’s shelter in Livingston.

Everyone was anxious to get into the show this morning to see who won the prizes.  I was proud of myself—I picked a few of the winners as my choices—the show isn’t judged, the prizes are awarded by popular vote from everyone attending. 

Char Devine Edwards prize winner Remember this quilt—it won first place in its category as well as Best of Show.  It was my favorite and come to find out, I know the quilter—she is Char Devine Edwards wife of Larry Edwards who owns the Grand restaurant in Big Timber.  

Dawna prize winner This quilt belonging to Dawna who helped in the kitchen won second place in its category—another of my favorites.

Lone Star prize winner This is another lone star that I liked, this quilt won first place in its category.

And then my friend from Big Timber—we ride to guild meetings together—won two ribbons for her two little less than 2 feet square miniature quilts—the size of the tiny pieces is miniscule—mind boggling!  PxP Marjean prize winner PxP Marjean prize winner3 Each little piece is less than half an inch!

And, I had a surprise this afternoon—a couple walked up to purchase food and said, “we read your blog.”  It was Carol and her husband—they recently purchased a motorhome and are starting to get into the traveling mode—Carol is also a quilter.  Carol—leave me a comment sometime so I can reconnect with your blog. 

The show closed at 3pm and we began cleaning up the kitchen, another crew began taking down the quilts and frames—within less than 2 hours a 200+ quilt show was history.  Michael had the Jeep hooked to the motorhome and after hauling all my gear over to the rig, we left for good ole home.


  1. I've never been to a quilt show but hope to attend one in the future. I'm wondering if I could enter a couple of quilts that have been in my family and were made over 100 years ago - or are the shows just for quilts recently made by the person entering the quilt.

  2. It was so good to meet you today in person. The quilt show was wonderful. I loved the table topper you had in the show - your quilting is beautiful! Thank you for the warm greeting!

  3. (catching up on blogs here)

    SO good to know you got a handle on Mike's problems, and here's to a great resolution and he will be up and at em in no time!

    LOVED the quilt show pics!

    I found a quilt on Saturday at a rummage sale on our way home from Green Bay. It's a store bought one, not homemade, but for $4.00 with 4 matching shams, it sure looks nice to me.

    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard


Comments to this blog have been closed. Please visit us at

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.